Chandigarh, March 12 (Pooja Goyal) :
Sh. Davesh Moudgil, Mayor of Chandigarh called a meeting today regarding the scientific disposal of garbage and dry leaves. The meeting was attended by Dr. Saurabh Mishra, IAS, Additional Commissioner, Dr. P.S. Bhatti, Medical Officer of Health, Sh. Sanjay Sharma, representative of JP Associate, (Garbage Processing Plant) and concerned Chief Sanitary Inspectors of sanitation wing, MCC.
During the meeting the following issues have been discussed and decided:
- Regular checking of dumping ground site and report be submitted in the Mayor’s office.
- Scientific solution of the leacheate generated at the sanitary landfill site.
- Proper capping & closing of garbage in the dumping site.
- Enquire about other technology prevailed in the market through EOI on Solid Waste Processing (Technology Demonstrator Unit), which is energy efficient, pollution free, odorless and produces minimum residual waste.
- Consultant, who had provided consultancy for sanitary landfill may be called for meeting as early as possible.
- Early solution of unprocessed garbage lying inside the garbage plant.
- Scientific solution of garbage disposal to avoid any kind of foul smell.
- Proper lifting and disposal of dry leaves from the city roads and parks be ensured by engaging additional 16 tractor trollys.
Cautioning against setting dry leaves on fire, as it results in severe air pollution, the Mayor appealed to all the city residents to cooperate with the MCC in safe disposal of dry leaves. He said that dry leaves can be composted by the bulk generators in their own premises. The composted dry leaves may be collected by citizens & farmers of outskirts free of cost for use in their gardens and fields.