- Initiative aims at driving awareness amongst the 20 million monthly active women users for all the safety and security features available on the platform
Chandigarh, 8th March 2020- ShareChat, India’s own social media platform today said that it aims to highlight its 20 million monthly active women users on the platform via “ShareChat Sakhi”, one of a kind in-app propositions. The initiative aims to further strengthen and build a safe and comfortable digital space for ShareChat users to connect, engage, interact and create meaningful conversations on the platform.
As part of the “ShareChat Sakhi” education drive this women’s day, ShareChat will highlight its female users about the various safety and security features available on the platform.
A special page “ShareChat Sakhi” has been created and is available across all 15 languages to address any safety issues on the platform.
“ShareChat Sakhi” will create awareness amongst its women users around the various safety features available on the platform that includes :-
- Blocking unwanted profiles
- Reporting unwanted profiles/comments
- Restriction on downloading/ screen shots of profiles on the platform
- Restriction ofprofiles display pictures download
- Choice of restricting sharing and comments – no downloads would be allowed from user profiles without theirpermission
The Week Zero awareness campaign is already live on the platform for all the female users as they sign up on ShareChat. Additionally, an email id <email@example.com has also been created to address grievances of female users on the platform.
As part of this drive, ShareChat also aims to encourage “dedicated women campaigns” to drive deeper engagement amongst ShareChat female users. ShareChat has also activated a dedicated category called ‘Ladies Corner’ in major languages to enable women led conversations on the topics closer to their hearts where all women users can freely interact, express their feelings and thoughts in the language of their choice.