Chandigarh 18 January, 2018 (Pooja Goyal):
A social media study ‘Not My Type,’ conducted by the leading online matchmaking brand BharatMatrimony, attempted to understand what type of girls are not ok for guys when it comes to marriage.
The survey witnessed over 800 responses. BharatMatrimony posed 10 “Not My Type” questions to guys including “if the girl compares you with her dad”, “are you okay with someone who never forgets small details” & “are you okay with someone who gets emotional often.”
Some of the key insights from the survey:
1) 68% of the participants feel that guys won’t be okay with girls who compare them to their dad
2) 54% of the audience, including 28% girls, said men are ready to accept girls who attempt to change them in some ways. While 46% disagreed.
3) 56% respondents felt guys are okay with girls who get emotional.
4) 80% respondents feel that guys may not be fine with girls being on the phone for long hours. This included 58% girls.
5) 56% respondents felt that guys may not be okay with girls who are dependent on them, while 44% felt its okay.
6) The audience were divided 50:50 when asked whether guys are okay with a girl giving them directions while driving.
7) A whopping 82% of the respondents, including 44% girls, said that guys may not be okay with girls who text continuously.
8) An unbelievable 90%, including 40% girls, agree that guys are not okay with a girl who changes settings on their phone, iPad or TV
9) The audience was again divided 50:50 about guys being okay with girls remembering minute details from the past.
10) 52% audience said that guys may be okay with girls who don’t make them understand their feelings, while 44% disagreed.
Through every social campaign BharatMatrimony attempts to understand the challenges of singles while finding a life partner. Recently it had run a similar campaign where girls talked about what kind of guys were not their type.
About Matrimony.com limited
Matrimony.com is India’s first pure play Consumer Internet Company to be publicly listed. It is a signature consumer internet conglomerate, managing marquee brands such as BharatMatrimony, CommunityMatrimony and EliteMatrimony. BharatMatrimony is the largest and most trusted matrimony brand which has also established a considerable retail presence with over 140 self-owned retail outlets across India. The Company delivers matchmaking and marriage related services to users in India and the Indian diaspora worldwide.
The Company has pioneered several new business models such as MatrimonyPhotography, MatrimonyBazaar, MatrimonyMandaps, and CommunityMatrimony, a consortium of over 300 community matrimony websites.